We are looking for a Facility and Investment Officer to support our current team to deliver investment into grassroots football facilities where it is most needed in our County.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Grassroots facilities, has the ability to help club volunteers to shape their ideas and be in a position to apply for funding to improve their facilities and sustain their clubs.
We have big plans to improve our grass pitches across Durham County FA and this role will play a big part delivering this priority ensuring that our clubs and partners are able to access advice, support and funding through the Grass Pitch Improvement Programme.
Lots of our clubs require support to access grants for small scale projects for improvements, equipment and activities. Using your skills, you will guide them through the maze of opportunity available in the county and nationally.
- Support delivery of all activities that ensure every affiliated football fixture is played on a 'good' quality pitch including the use of Pitch Power and the Hive Groundskeeper Community.
- Track the quantity and quality of football pitches and ground locations for affiliated fixtures.
- Ensure that the outcomes of each facility project are aligned to the Football Foundation measurement framework and the FA's Grassroots Football Strategy.
- Activate grass pitch and smaller projects from Local Football Facility Plans to generate enough demand and deliver against Football Foundation spend targets.
- Support the delivery of support days to each Football Foundation applicant around the Grass Pitch Improvement Programme and Small Grants Progamme.
- Support applicants to develop their football development plans to enable them to apply successfully for funding.
- Oversee a database of local funding sources that clubs and leagues can apply for funding from.
- Oversee the support dats to monitor and evaluate previously-funded Football Foundation projects and provide guidance to ensure they are successful.
- Develop collaborative working partnerships with local authorities, clubs, leagues, schools and other facility providers.
- Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer in all matters involving under-18s and adults at risk within all facility and investment projects.
- Ensure contract agreements are in place with all contractors (facility hire, consultants etc.) and that these outline the requisite safeguarding responsibilities and accountabilities for all parties.
- Execute additional tasks as required to meet Durham County FA's changing priorities.
- The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 6th October 2023
- The date for interviews will be Friday 13th October 2023
- Start date expected Monday 13th November 2023 or sooner.
To apply, please complete the following application form and equality and diversity monitoring form.
Please make sure to review the recruitment pack in full before completing your application form. If for any reason you are unable to access or complete the application form, please contact Kerry.Topping@DurhamFA.com to discuss.
If shortlisted you will be invited to attend an interview for the role. The interview will be arranged to take place at the offices of Durham County FA.
Durham County FA is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Striving to be fully representative of the community it serves by ensuring that all job applicants, third-party members, and members of staff are treated equally without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Facilities and Investment Officer Recruitment Pack
More information on the role is available within the application pack available below: