The 2022 FA Disability Cup will see six cup finals scheduled across the weekend, delivered by The FA in partnership with a range of impairment-specific organisations. The cup is the largest competition of its kind in this country, ensuring players within impairment-specific football have a national FA competition to call their own, complete with dreams of reaching St George’s Park for finals weekend.
BT Sport will show every match on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th June with live coverage beginning at 10am on each day and presented by TV presenter and Paralympic medalist, Ade Adepitan, seven-time Paralympic champion Hannah Cockcroft and BT Sport presenter Lynsey Hipgrave. On each day, live coverage of all the finals will feature on three BT Sport channels with each offering different accessibility features.
- Enhanced Audio Description delivered by an expert based at St George’s Park will be available and BT Sport Extra 1 will carry British Sign Language, with sub-titles available on BT Sport 1 & 3*.
- BT Sport will also livestream all finals across both days via the BT Sport Facebook page (facebook.com/btsport) and the BT Sport App for mobiles, tablets, smart TVs, media adapters and games consoles.
- Highlights coverage will be available on Channel 4 on Saturday 18th June at 12pm, then available on All4.
Baroness Sue Campbell, The FA’s Director of Women's Football and the organisation’s strategic lead for disability football, said: “This year’s FA Disability Cup is back bigger and better than ever before and we are delighted that the action will once again be broadcast live on BT Sport as part of a new three-year commitment. We hope the exposure will give even more players the confidence to return or take the first step on their disability football journey and would encourage everyone to tune into the action for what promises to be a thrilling weekend of football.”
HOW TO WATCH
- BT TV, Sky, Virgin Media customers: BT Sport Extra 1:British Sign Language, BT Sport 2:Enhanced Audio Description, BT Sport 3 (Saturday) & BT Sport 1 (Sunday): standard feed with sub-titles.
- BTSport.com + BT Sport App***: following channels available to subscribers and non-subscribers - BT Sport Extra 1 (British Sign Language), BT Sport 3 (Enhanced Audio Description), BT Sport 1 & 3* (standard feed, no sub-titles).
- Facebook - facebook.com/btsport – available to all (standard feed, no sub-titles).
LIVE SCHEDULE ON BT SPORT
Saturday 11th June
PARTIALLY SIGHTED FINAL: Merseyside Futsal V Birmingham Futsal
AMPUTEE FINAL: Portsmouth Amputees v Manchester City Amputees
BLIND FINAL: RNC Hereford v Brighton
Sunday 12th June
CEREBAL PALSY FINAL: CP Northwest v North East & Yorkshire CP FC
POWERCHAIR FINAL: Northern Thunder v TBC
DEAF FINAL: St John's DFC v Farsley Celtic DFC