Durham FA have arranged an autism awareness workshop for local coaches to support the development of disability players across the County.
The workshop will be delivered by staff from SMILE Through Sport
SMILE Through Sport was founded by Paralympian Stephen Miller MBE to create increased awareness, opportunity and ultimately enjoyment in disability sport throughout the North East of England.
SMILE Through Sport provide a range of services based around the three key themes of Inspiration, Education and Enjoyment. These services include disability awareness and sport specific courses, provision of sporting activity, and consultancy.
The organisation is a registered charity existing simply to benefit the community in which it is based through strong social objectives.
· The workshop will have a theory and practical element (outdoors on 3G)
· Aimed at coaches who would like to learn more about Autism and how you can be inclusive within your coaching sessions.
· Designed to provide an in depth look at Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and how football coaching can be adapted and extended to include all individuals.
· Provide coaches with tools to create enjoyable and progressive sessions for people with ASD.
· Date – Friday 10th September 2021
· Time – 6.00-9.00pm
· Venue – Durham FA Headquarters
· Cost - £25
To register please click the following link https://forms.office.com/r/geqwL8PPGD