Durham FA are delighted to be relaunching Mars Just Play across the County for adults aged 16+ to play football regularly, and we are looking for applications from volunteers to run new centres!
The FA Mars Just Play gives the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football. The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. It’s football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
Just Play Centres can be specific to your own needs; for those aged 16-25, women only, walking football, futsal and anything in between.
Whether you already have a group of interested participants or you’re looking to provide an opportunity for those in your local community then we want to hear from you and in return we can offer a range of benefits to getting involved:
• Equipment pack – Each centre will receive 5 Nike Footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner giving you all you need for a successful session.
• Digital marketing library – You will be provided with access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 Posters, A5 Leaflets, Social Media, Digital & Email Signatures to help you promote your new centre.
• Just Play Organiser kit – Each organiser will receive Nike branded kit including t-shirt, shorts, pants and rain jacket to ensure you look the part, whatever the weather!
• Just Play Organiser support – Guidance and support provided to all session leads to help maximise delivery.
• FA events platform – A new digital platform upon which you simply and easily organise your kickabouts, leaving more time for the fun stuff, like playing football.
• National promotion – The FA & Mars will help promote the programme nationally helping to attract potential new participants to your kickabouts.
• Local bespoke support from Durham FA – Football Development Officer Daniel McElhone will be available for support on all aspects of running your own Just Play Centre.
In return for all that support we have some minimum requirements that we need to know are in place in order to get your FA Mars Just Play Centre up and running. These are focused on creating the safe, high quality environment that we know your future participants are looking for and include:
- Each session should be supervised by a Just Play organiser of 18 years or over with a current Level One Certificate in Coaching Football & FA Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Certificates.
- Completion of a full risk assessment before the first session takes place that is regularly updated. We will provide you with a template and support for how to complete.
- Delivery for a minimum of 32 weeks across the year.
- Provision of adequately stocked first aid kit at all sessions
- Submission of attendance records via the Events Platform in a timely manner
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place (including insurance, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities policies).
Find Out More About Just Play Here
Click Here to Submit Your Application
Get in touch
Football Development Officer (FE/HE Education & Recreational Football)
T: 0191 3872928 (Option 4 followed by Option 6)