Job Opportunity - Football Development Officer (Disability Football)
Football Development Officer (Disability)
Salary £23,000 - £25,000
3 year post (subject to successful annual performance review)
This exciting new post is funded by Durham County FA and The FA Disability Workforce Fund.
Durham County FA would like to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to increase football participation for people with a disability, through the creation of recreational opportunities with clear exit routes into sustainable affiliated structures delivered in partnership with local stakeholders.
The key areas of work for the Football Development Officer (Disability) will be as follows:
- Unite the game locally through the strategic coordination of all disability football provision and investment across the project area, influencing key partners to align provision and investment to positively impact the priority areas of delivery for disability football;
- Support and build links with local partners especially disability service providers, to add value to the project and to identify new target audiences of disabled people;
- Facilitate an increase in participation within disability football by developing recreational turn up and play centres targeting new and lapsed players;
- Strengthen existing, and create new male and female disability teams plus playing opportunities;
- Deliver a comprehensive and inclusive disability coach and volunteer education programme to support the local disability football workforce;
- Raise the profile of good news stories and the range of disability football opportunities across the pathway;
- Identify and support players to access the disability football talent pathway and support players exiting the pathway to participate within grassroots programmes.
You need to be passionate, able to deliver a high quality programme meeting multiple deadlines, work in a team and demonstrate individual initiative.
You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have experience in sports development.
To apply, submit your CV and Covering Letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to:
Mr J C Topping, Company Secretary, Durham County FA, Riverside South, Chester le Street,County Durham DH3 3SJ.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 24th August 2018.
Shortlisting will be complete by: Friday 31st August 2018.
Interviews will take place on Friday 7th September 2018 at the Durham County FA Headquarters, Riverside South, Chester le Street, County Durham DH3 3SJ.
Football Development Officer (Disability) - Role Profile
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include an FA Enhanced Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope.
Durham County FA and all partners are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.