Biffa Awards - Recreation Theme
Biffa Awards - Community Buildings
Grants are available for not-for-profit organisations to provide and improve community buildings that are located within the vicinity of a Biffa operation to 'act as mechanisms' for community involvement.
Biffa Award - Recreation Theme
Application deadline: None specified
Who Can Apply?
Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations in England and Northern Ireland.
• Be applying for a project site located within five miles of a significant Biffa operation or 10 miles of an active Biffa Landfill site.
• Be applying for a project site located within 10 miles of any landfill site (not necessarily owned by Biffa Group Limited) in England and Northern Ireland.
• Have a project site open for a minimum of 104 days of full public access to the project per year.
• Own the project site or have signed a lease agreement with the landowner of more than 10 years.
• Be eligible for enrolment and registration with the scheme's regulator ENTRUST.
Applications from churches must be able to demonstrate a wider community use and benefit, such as youth groups, special interest groups, exercise groups etc.
Applicants should check their project location's eligibility using Biffa Awards Postcode Checker, which can be found on the Awards website.