Banks Community Trust
Banks Community Trust
Grants Are Available For Community And Environmental Projects In Areas Close To A Current Or Proposed Banks Group Operation In Scotland Or The North Of England.
Funding body: Banks Group
Maximum value: £ 5,000
Application deadline: None specified
Who Can Apply?
Community groups, voluntary organisations and environmental projects that are charitable, educational, philanthropic, or benevolent in purpose can apply.
To be eligible for the Banks Community Fund, applicant organisations must:
• Be open to the community (public) and allow access to the premises/project for a minimum of four evenings per week or two days per week or 104 days per Year.
• an area where the Banks Group is currently operating (applicants will need this information to complete their application).
• Be a not-for-profit, voluntary or community group, community interest company or registered charity.
• Have a governing document (constitution/set of rules).
• Have a management committee/governance body with at least four independent and unrelated members.
• Have a bank or building society account in the name of the group, with a minimum of two unrelated cheque signatories.
• Have satisfactorily completed any previous grant from the Fund returned satisfactory monitoring information.
Generally, to be eligible for funding through County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF), Volunteer-Led Organisations, registered charities and Community Interest Organisations must:
• Have a management committee with a minimum of four members.
• Have a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation/group, with a minimum of two unrelated Cheque signatories.
• Have charitable aims.
• Provide evidence of good governance practices and sound financial management (including registering with the Charity Commission, CASC or other governing body, depending on the size of the organisation)
• Be registered with the Charity Commission or other relevant governing body if the annual income is more than £5,000.
The Banks Group operates throughout Britain; however, geographical areas of interest may change without notice.
Groups should check with the Banks Community Fund Manager that their project is located within the vicinity of an eligible Banks Group site.