The FA Developing Coaches Through Mentoring Course
This course has been designed by The FA to equip you with the critical skills you’ll need to be a coach mentor.
An effective coach mentor provides on-the-ground support to coaches in their own environment, working with them to identify their specific development needs to then support their learning through feedback, new ideas and guidance.
If you’re an aspiring mentor or are already in a position where you are supporting a coach’s development, this course has been designed by The FA to equip you with the critical skills you’ll need for the role.
It’ll take you through the role of the mentor, help you develop the key interpersonal and reflective skills you’ll need, as well as show how you can introduce a coach-centred approach.
- Understand the role of a mentor and principles of effective mentoring
- Understand and appreciate the interpersonal skills required of a mentor
- Explore strategies for mentoring
- Understand mentoring assessment, feedback and goal setting processes
- Consider the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Explore CPD and opportunities for mentors to consider their future development
- Identify the core skills needed to build rapport and develop key relationships ensuring that the coaches needs are met within a safe environment
- Demonstrate a coach-centred approach, understanding the importance of enhanced observation skills and its link in delivering constructive feedback to coaches
- Develop the key mentoring skill of reflective practice to help establish an open and vibrant learning environment
- Identify how a coach’s needs, strengths and areas of development link to their environment, practice and interventions
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Want to book Offline?
Email Sophie.Hughes@DurhamFA.com to request an application form for the course you would like to attend.
Your place will not be secured until this application form is return with full payment for the course.