FA Coaching Disabled Footballers
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 hours (theory and practical)
Price: £25View available dates
This course is designed to provide you with ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions, whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
- Long term player development (LTPD)
- Disabled people and football
- Qualities of a good coach
- Safety and impairment - specific considerations
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Planning and organising coaching sessions
- Implementation of the inclusion spectrum in coaching sessions
- Disability player pathways
- Hold Introduction to Coaching Football
Having attended the course you should feel more confident and able to:
- Apply and extend you existing coaching skills to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range or coaching sessions for disabled players
- Use the inclusion spectrum to plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Do you want to book offline?
Email Sophie.Hughes@DurhamFA.com to request an application form for the course you would like to attend.
Your place will not be secured until this application form is return with full payment for the course.
The first step to become a coach is to enrol on an FA Level 1 in Coaching Course. By getting on the coaching pathway individuals have the opportunity to progress up through the various FA Coaching qualifications and to enhance their skills and knowledge in coaching.
This course will give you the ideal introduction into coaching along with the England DNA principles. By completing this award you will also complete an FA Emergency 1st Aid Workshop and an FA Safeguarding Children Workshop as part of the How We Support block of the course.
You can find all dates, times and costs of this course by clicking on the following link Development & Courses
No, you must complete the FA Level 1 course first. Upon completion, your course tutor will provide feedback as to when they believe you should move onto the next level.
You don't need to be with a club to complete the FA Level 1 in Coaching course, however you will need to have regular access to players.
You will need to be with a club to complete the FA Level 2 in Coaching Football and UEFA B coaching courses. This is due to the nature of the course work involved and linking this with your squad of players.
You can book a place by clicking here where you can find full details of all the course we currently have arranged
You can click here to retrieve or set up your FAN and/or Password
Get in touch
Football Development Officer (Coach & Player Development)
0191 387292 (Opt 4 Opt 8)