FA Coaching Deaf Footballers
The purpose of this course is to provide you with ideas and guidance on how to adapt, where necessary, to include deaf players in your sessions and match situations in your school or club.
- What is sound?
- The ear
- Types of deafness
- The impact of deafness on children and their language skills
- Hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Different types of hearing aids
- Options and approaches
- Communication with deaf footballers
- Communicating by telephone
- British Sign Language (BSL)
- Health and safety considerations
- Planning and organising
- Rule adaptations
- Player pathway
Prior to certification, candidates are required to obtain Introduction to Coaching Football.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Apply and extend your coaching skills to meet the needs of deaf players
- Feel confident when coaching deaf footballers
- Have improved their awareness of deafness and a better understanding of the needs of deaf footballers
- Use basic communication skills for coaching deaf footballers
- Use basic BSL signs appropriate to coaching and football sessions
- Plan a range of coaching sessions that include deaf footballers
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Register Your Interest!
Should you wish to register your interest for this course please email Alysha.Cook@DurhamFA.com and we will contact you once a course has been arranged.
The first step to become a coach is to enrol on an FA Level 1 in Coaching Course. By getting on the coaching pathway individuals have the opportunity to progress up through the various FA Coaching qualifications and to enhance their skills and knowledge in coaching.
This course will give you the ideal introduction into coaching along with the England DNA principles. By completing this award you will also complete an FA Emergency 1st Aid Workshop and an FA Safeguarding Children Workshop as part of the How We Support block of the course.
You can find all dates, times and costs of this course by clicking on the following link Development & Courses
No, you must complete the FA Level 1 course first. Upon completion, your course tutor will provide feedback as to when they believe you should move onto the next level.
You don't need to be with a club to complete the FA Level 1 in Coaching course, however you will need to have regular access to players.
You will need to be with a club to complete the FA Level 2 in Coaching Football and UEFA B coaching courses. This is due to the nature of the course work involved and linking this with your squad of players.
You can book a place by clicking here where you can find full details of all the course we currently have arranged
You can click here to retrieve or set up your FAN and/or Password
Get in touch
Football Development Officer (Coach & Player Development)
0191 387292 (Opt 4 Opt 8)