The FA Basic Referee Course (Theory & Practical)
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: Minimum of 34 Guided Learning Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Completion of pre-course activity pack.
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 11 a-side or 9v9 football.
- Course aims and objectives: The Referees Course provides participants with an insight to the laws of the game and their practical application on the field of play. It also looks at the skills required to be a referee.
- Leading to: Registered Referee Status (either level 8 Youth Referee or Level 7 Junior County Referee)
The dates indicated on the course booking cover only the first 4 Units of learning. Unit 5requires the candidate to track the practical implementation of their lessons in a match environment, and Unit 6, the Final Assessment, can only be completed once that has been evidenced.
Equality: FA Learning will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, it's activities in an atmosphere free from harassment, bullying, discrimination or abuse. FA Learning will seek to provide a service which is appropriate to the needs of an individual and to make reasonable adjustments or provide support, where appropriate, to cater for those needs.
Cost to attend our Basic Referee’s Course is £100 and includes the following:
- Basic Referee Course Pre Course Programme
- Learn The Laws DVD
- Copy of the 2015/2016 Laws Of The Game (provided by email initially)
- FA Safeguarding Children Workshop (if over 16) or a FA Introduction to Safeguarding Online Course (if 16 or under)
- FA Criminal Records Check (if 16 or over and this is an additional charge of £10)
- FA ‘Respect Training’
- FA Registration fee for one season
- A Referee whistle, a set of red/yellow cards with holder and match record cards
- A certificate of qualification (following an initial 5 11v11 or 9v9 games and the successful passing of a final examination on the Laws Of The Game)
- FA Referee badge
- The services of FA Referee Mentors and Tutors
Please note our Mini Soccer Referees Course differs from the above and the cost is £65 (plus the additional £10 for CRC Check if required).
In order for you to attend any of these courses you must firstly attend a Durham County FA Referee Taster Session (This session is free to attend). This is a 90 minute introduction where you will be guided through the refereeing experience looking at all formats of the game and the opportunities available. You will then be able to understand the commitment required to complete the course and provided with all necessary information about how to book onto the course.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please can you confirm your attendance for which Taster Session you would like to attend as soon as possible to Eve.Walker@DurhamFA.com. Can you please ensure you provide your full name, date of birth, contact number, email and postal address. Please note you can only book onto a Course ONCE you have attended a Taster Session.